Izzy loves parties, but not pity parties.

If you want to feel sorry for someone, please don't feel sorry for her or our family.

This blog is for family and friends to keep up with Izzy and to document what a tough little girl she really is...

Don't worry - - she will kick cancers butt!

Friday, December 3, 2010

The results are...

We found out today more about Izzy's cancer, she is at stage 2 and she will need around 4 1/2 months of chemo. It will be out patient chemo done on a weekly basis for the first 10 weeks. At this point we are waiting for the clearance from her surgeon before we can get released from the hospital, but before we leave we will begin one round of chemo. We are thinking it will be Saturday or Sunday when they start her chemo.

Today has been pretty rough because they took out her epidural and they have started to give her oral medication for the pain. She has been hurting more than I've seen since we've been here, which is very hard. She is Miss independent and won't let me help her much when she gets out of bed or goes for her walks. I think it has a lot to do with her being able to brace herself more than when I pick her up and help.

Last night I went home and hung out with Tommy and put him to bed. It's amazing how much this is all affecting each one of us. He's handling it pretty well, it's so important to for us to give him the attention and time he needs during this tough time.

I wanted to share a cute little story about something that happened a few days ago. Our nurse said she was in another patients room and the child saw Izzy going on her walk. They told her "look at that cute little girl" and nurse asked if the little girl was another patient or just a visitor and they replied "she must be a visitor because she still has all her hair". Hearing that brought me to tears. I wonder how our little Izzy will be once her hair falls out. Don't get me wrong I know that there are worse things that can happen, it just hit home and brought into perspective how real this is.

I wish I had a picture to share, but I've been struggling with getting my USB cord to work on the lap top at the hospital so that I can upload pictures. That's just one more amazing thing about Primary Children's is that they are letting us borrow a laptop while we are here so I can keep you all in the "know".

Much Love,

Jennie

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your cute Izzy with us. She's a cute little cookie! Sure love you guys. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you remember me. I am married to Scott Horrocks. I worked with Jessie at CCU and I know Kim. We were at Heather's one time when you were pregnant with Izzy and I was pregnant with my son. It seems like I had him a few weeks before Izzy. Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know that I check on your family everyday even though we don't know you well. From your posts, you seem amazingly strong and you are an inspiration to everyone out there who is struggling with something big or little! I will continue to check your blog and look forward to the day i read your post about the day you won this fight!

    The Horrocks Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennie:

    Thanks for the updates. I talk to your mom and grandma often, and I love hearing your personal account.

    What a miracle that this was found and caught so early! Keep wearing that beautiful smile!

    Love from Nauvoo, IL

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments, thanks for the support