Izzy loves parties, but not pity parties.

If you want to feel sorry for someone, please don't feel sorry for her or our family.

This blog is for family and friends to keep up with Izzy and to document what a tough little girl she really is...

Don't worry - - she will kick cancers butt!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

How it all started

Wow, what a spin our life has taken. I still keep thinking we are going to wake up from this crazy nightmare. I wanted to start this blog so that friends and family could stay up to date with what is going on in little Izzy's adventures against cancer. I love the facebook page, but I also wanted a place where I could personalize things a little more. So keep checking back to see how Izzy and the rest of us are doing.

Here is how it all started....Sunday night Dustin, Tommy, Izzy, and I got in the hot tub. It is something we love to do as a family. We had some laughs and and as always some fights from splashing too much, but as usual we had a good time and enjoyed watching the snow come down. After we got out we all go into our comfy clothes or as some people call them "pj's" and were hanging out in the front room. Dustin was wrestling with Izzy and grabbed her around the waist. He felt something hard on her side and kind of freaked out. We laid her down and compared her tummy and felt around the whole area. Right away Dustin knew something wasn't right. We decided as soon as we woke in the morning we would call her pediatrician and have him take a look at it. Well we went to go watch a movie all together in mine and Dustin's bed and we couldn't sleep. Dustin was a lot more upset and worried than I was and I knew we weren't going to make it through the night. I told him we better just head up to Primary Children's hospital and get it looked at so we can feel more at ease. This was about 10:00pm, we all got dressed and took blankets for the kids and drove out to Primary Children's and aren't we glad we did.

This picture is of Izzy in the ER waiting to get some answers from the doctors. She is showing me she is playing Angry Birds on my phone. Does this child look like she has cancer?



Much Love,

Jennie

1 comment:

  1. She is such a cute little sassy gal. Thanks so much for starting this blog, I care about you guys so much, and have been thinking of you all since I've heard the news.You guys are in my prayers, love ya!!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments, thanks for the support