Izzy loves parties, but not pity parties.

If you want to feel sorry for someone, please don't feel sorry for her or our family.

This blog is for family and friends to keep up with Izzy and to document what a tough little girl she really is...

Don't worry - - she will kick cancers butt!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Day Chemo

Today Izzy had chemo and was very cute about wanting to do valentines for the medical staff at PCMC. It made me a little sad that she wasn't able to go to her Valentine parties at pre school or dance, but then I remembered that she will have the rest of her life for Valentine parties and what's important right now is keeping her healthy while her immune system is compromised. She got 2 valentines from Primary yesterday and she was really excited about it. Thanks Freddy and Mason! She misses going to Primary and seeing her little friends at church.

Here is Miss Sassy Pants getting an arm squeeze. She really dislikes this part of the appointment. And I know this isn't the best picture, but I hope you can see why I call her Miss Sassy Pants. She was so upset she had to get her blood pressure taken and I told her to smile so I could take a picture of her in the cute new skirt she got, but she was not having it.



No more than 5 minutes later she was happily passing out her valentines to the nurses at clinic. She gave one to each of her doctors too. Her counts were good and they just keep telling us that they are impressed at how well she is handling the chemo. She won't have to go back for chemo for another 2 weeks. Unfortunately, we will be up there on Friday for some dental work and we are hoping everything goes smooth.

After she got her chemo it was off to ICS. We were so glad to run into one of our favorite nurses Caitlyn. She helped Izzy through some tough times. You can see her in one of the pictures on this post, she is walking with Izzy after her surgery. It's kind of weird how you become attached to these nurses and staff. She had a tech that's name was Tommy and we'd call him Tommy the Tech, he was really cute. She was looking for one nurse in particular when we got there and he wasn't on ICS, and luckily Caitlyn knew where he was. If you've been to PCMC you might know him, his name is Irish. Izzy took a liking to him because he liked to tease her and she liked to play with his fart machine. He was on the 3rd floor and when Izzy saw him she got all shy. I had to laugh because he looked like cupid. He had a Valentine tutu on. I don't know how some of these nurses do it sometimes. When I see them I get a little emotional because I think of all that they helped Izzy get through. I will forever be thankful for all the members of the staff at Primary Children's Medical Center who took care of Miss Sassy Pants!!

Happy Valentine's Day and Much Love,

Jennie

5 comments:

  1. oh jennie, this (of course) made me cry. i am so thankful to those doctors and nurses that have the knowledge and bedside manner they do to handle the little people and their family's concerns. i love you and hope you've had a good valentine's day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post!! I'm glad today was special for her. It makes me sad when I think of all the things she's missing (dance class, pre school, church friends etc) The I remember she really does have her whole life ahead of her and this is just an interruption. She'll be on track soon! Playing, learning, yelling, dancing, singing, swimming and everything else. I love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this also made me cry. She is so sweet. what an amazing little girl, honestly.Hope you guys had a good valentines day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet post. How sad that she had to miss her parties :( Do you remember how our neighborhood use to put valentines on doorsteps and run? You might have to bring that back :) I swear no one does it anymore.
    I love Dr's and Nurses that love their job and the sweet faces they see everyday. Little Miss Izzy is in great hands.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments, thanks for the support