Izzy loves parties, but not pity parties.

If you want to feel sorry for someone, please don't feel sorry for her or our family.

This blog is for family and friends to keep up with Izzy and to document what a tough little girl she really is...

Don't worry - - she will kick cancers butt!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dentist appt and Chinese New Year


This is Izzy after her dentist appt. We found out that she has a mouth full of cavities, well not really, but she does have some work that needs to be done. We recently had her 6 month check up so I was surprised that she had any cavities. Her oncologist tells us they don't see it happen too often with chemo, but it is known to be a side affect. They tell us it more typical in kids that are also doing radiation. Her dentist wants to remove the broken tooth and put in a space maintainer and take care of some cavities in her molars. We are lucky that her dentist does treatment once a month at PCMC, so he would be able to take care of her there. Miss Sassy Pant's oncologist and dentist will need to consult with one another and decide if it's work that needs to be taken care of immediately or if it can wait 2.5 more months when she should be done with chemo.



Kathleen Owens in our ward brought our family some fun decorations, hats, and a gift card to a local Chinese restaurant to celebrate Chinese New Year. It was so thoughtful of her and it was fun for our family to have a new little tradition to look forward to. Thanks Kathleen!! Dustin's little brother Kevin went on his mission to Taiwan. So this picture is for the Abernethy's in Louisiana. We love and miss you guys! Happy Chinese New Year Hunter, Noah, Kevin, and Katie!

I'll be back soon with some updates on Izzy's chemo appointment yesterday.

Much Love,

Jennie

3 comments:

  1. I love you guys and admire your upbeat attitude.
    Izzy is one of a kind, that's for sure.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts and I'm so happy the dentist and the Dr can keep in touch (we don't want any more surprises) She looks so great. I hope you guys are ok, I can't imagine how hard this must be. All I ever had was Dusty and his brothers broken bones, flu, colds etc. And that was bad enough. You guys are always the first people I talk to God about,in my prayers.As I mentioned before,I know surrounded by a million angels watching over all of you. I love you so much, thank you for being such great parents. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant I know "your " surrounded by angels. I hate errors:/

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments, thanks for the support