Izzy loves parties, but not pity parties.

If you want to feel sorry for someone, please don't feel sorry for her or our family.

This blog is for family and friends to keep up with Izzy and to document what a tough little girl she really is...

Don't worry - - she will kick cancers butt!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Camp Hobe

Both Tommy and Izzy were able to go to Camp Hobe this year and they LOVED it! Tommy actually went for 4 nights and when I went to pick him up after missing him so much I said "Did you miss me" and he said "Mom, why I was having fun". Somehow I knew he'd be just fine, although he was completely covered in dirt and I'm not sure how well he brushed his teeth or if he even did at all. I'm just happy he got to meet some friends and have a good time. He deserves it! Because he was up at camp the week before Miss Sassy Pants I only go the 1 picture of him below. I wish I wouldn've taken one of him when we picked him up.



Izzy went to Camp Hobe the next week for Monday and Tuesday during the day. She also had such a great time and was able to hang out with her cancer friends and meet new ones too. Now almost everyday she asks me if she either gets to go to camp tomorrow. I tell her she won't go for another year, but she doesn't seem to understand.











It was so neat to see all the volunteers at Camp Hobe! They have nurses, doctors, teens, life guards, cooks, and just about anything else you can think of that you need to run a camp. The hearts of these volunteers must be so big that they would sacrifice 1 to 2 weeks of their Summer to help out at Camp Hobe.

I had a great time hanging out with other cancer Moms while Miss Sassy Pants was at day camp. I have really met some amazing people through this cancer journey. One day we had craft hour and the next day we had a support group. During our support group we went around the room and told one good thing and one bad thing we've taken away from our child having cancer. To hear some of these ladies talk about the good and bad of childhood cancer is very touching.



There is only 12 days left until the CureSearch for childhood cancer walk on July 9th at Liberty Park. Izzy's Team "Miss Sassy Pants Kicks Cancer" has 171 members and we really want to hit 200. We also have raised $4,418.00 and I know we can get to $5000! Please walk with us and support childhood cancer research. Registration begins at 8am and opening ceremonies and the walk is at 9am. The walk is 2.1 miles around the park. Being on the committee it hasn't been easy to plan an event with zero budget, but we've been lucky to have people volunteer and donate. We will have clowns, balloon artists, face painters, princesses, music, food, and more! To register and walk with us click on the link below. It's only $10 for adults and FREE for kids under 16. Make sure to register your kids so we have an accurate count for food and entertainment. I hope to see you all there!

Join Izzy's team "Miss Sassy Pants Kicks Cancer"

Much Love,
Jennie

2 comments:

  1. Jennie, it makes my heart so happy to see Izzy so happy and with her hair growing back! So glad you all got to be at camp Hobe! What a fun experience! Good luck with all you have going over the next couple of weeks! You guys are amazing!
    Jessica's mom, Chandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so devoted and I love your passion !!!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments, thanks for the support