Sunday, April 8, 2012
Team Sassy Pants is hosting a fundraiser to benefit CureSearch for Children's Cancer Research. I "Mustache" you a question...Did you know that every day, 36 children are diagnosed with cancer? The money raised by American Cancer Society or Susan G Komen only donates 1% to Children's Cancer if any at all. 100% of your donation will go directly to Children's Cancer Research by participating in our Mustache Mayhem contest starting May 1 and going until May 31. Below are the details and contest rules:
1. Every contestant MUST start off clean shaven and submit a photo with absolutely NO facial hair on Tuesday May 1, 2012. You can email the photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org and for fun post it under the event page on Facebook for all to see.
2. Every contestant MUST donate a minimum of $5 (feel free to donate more) no later than Tuesday May 1, 2012 under Team Sassy Pants on the CureSearch website listed below. Click on the green donate button in the middle of the screen once that is complete we will match your email address to your photo for your entrance.
3. Every contestant MUST abstain from taking any steroids or growth pills to enhance or cheat your way to a finer 'stach.
4. Every contestant MAY grow a full beard during the month, but on the day of your final photo(Which must be submitted by May 31, 2012) you MUST have it shaped into some sort of mustache. You can however have accessories (i.e, sideburns, chops, soul patch.)
*Please note you will be disqualified if you shave prior to Thursday May 31, 2012 or don't follow and agree to the above rules*
We are striving to get a minimum of 300 contestants ($1,500 to help find a cure for Children's Cancer), so help us by spreading the word and inviting your friends, family, and co-workers. For each person you refer to the contest you will receive a raffle ticket for some of our exciting prizes that will be announce in the next few weeks. Make sure to email me with your name and referral at: email@example.com
Prizes and plaques will be awarded to the winners in the following categories:
Best In Show
-Best In Show runner up
Judging will take place by a secret panel of HOT judges that will later be announced. They will take everything into consideration including, but not limited to: your stache, your wax, your attitude, and your personality. So have fun with it!
Here are some varieties of mustaches to get you motivated. Also, we know some of you have been growing your facial hair since (let's admit it) you've been able to grow it, but think of these incredible cancer kids who don't have a choice when their hair falls out. Did I make you feel guilty? I hope so!
- Handlebar Mustache
- Fu Manchu Mustache
- Pancho Villa Mustache
- Walrus Mustache
- Errol Flynn or Pencil Thin Mustache
- Zapata Mustache
- Chaplin or Toothbrush Mustache
- English Mustache
- Imperial Mustache
- GG Mustache
If you have made it to the bottom of this events page, scream a Hell Yeah, because I know you are all excited. Any questions or concerns can be addressed at JAbernethy07@gmail.com
If you know of anyone who would like to help sponsor the event please have them email me (JAbernethy07@gmail.com). We are also still looking for great prizes and items for our raffle, items that guys that can grow or attempt to grow a mustache might like.
Peace Out and Much Love,
Posted by Jennie at 5:05 PM